Our friend Jacqueline in Charleston, SC adapted my mom’s Mascarpone Mousse recipe to Thanksgiving taste with her Pumpkin Mascarpone Mousse. Aren’t we glad!
Here is the recipe for the wonderful light and airy Pumpkin Mascarpone Mousse -inspired by a recipe for mascarpone mousse I found in a blog that I love and follow entitled “Where Lemons Blossom” http://www.wherelemonsblossom.it
- 1 small sugar pumpkin, cut in half, seeds removed
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar separated into 1/4 cups
- 1 8 oz container mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon cloves
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Place pumpkin cut side down on cookie sheet or baking pan with a small amount of water Roast for for 1/2 hour. Prick with fork to check that the pumpkin in soft and easily pierced. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
In the mean time separate the yolks from the whites of the 3 eggs, make sure not to break…
View original post 735 more words